If you've never been to Universal Orlando Resort before — and especially if you've never been to Orlando — you may have dozens of questions about your upcoming trip. Just as no two families are the same, no two vacation experiences are the same, but we’ve prepared some general suggestions to help your family prepare for your visit.
As fun as it is visiting the theme parks with small children, it can be quite a challenge as well. If you have questions or concerns about traveling with young kids, here is some helpful information:
- You'll find diaper changing stations in many of the men’s and ladies' restrooms in both Universal Orlando theme parks.
- Our first-aid locations at the front of each theme park feature a nursing station for guest comfort and privacy.
- Remember to bring snacks such as fruit, raisins, crackers, or small containers of dry cereal for the little ones to munch on when they get hungry or cranky.
- You can rent a single or double stroller when you enter the theme parks. You are permitted to bring your own stroller into the parks as well.
- Be sure to take plenty of breaks and get your children out of the sun periodically. And don't forget plenty of sunscreen!
- There is no admission fee for children under 3 years of age. You'll find a number of unique children’s play areas in both theme parks, including If I Ran the Zoo™, Me Ship the Olive SM and Camp Jurassic® in Universal's Islands of Adventure®, and Fievel’s Playland;trade; and Curious George Goes to Town™ in Woody Woodpecker's KidZone® at Universal Studios®. Some of these attractions include fountains and water play, and your children may get quite wet. Bringing bathing suites and/or a change of clothing is a good idea. If you don't want to carry them around all day, there are rental lockers throughout the theme parks.
- Be sure you pick a meeting place to gather at if your children become lost or separated from you (Guest Services at the front of the parks is a good place), and make sure they know how to get there.
- Your children should also be carrying contact information including a name and phone number should they become lost in the park.
- If your kids are too small or unwilling to go on a particular ride you want to experience, you can take advantage of our "child swap" program. Each ride and attraction has a child swap area where one member of your party can wait with the little ones while the rest of your party rides. Then as soon as they get off the ride, they can swap places and stay with the kids while the adults who sat out get their opportunity to enjoy the ride.
- Each of the three Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando Resort® have a supervised children's activity center where kids can be dropped off in a safe, monitored environment while mom and dad enjoy a few hours out. The activity centers are open every evening and offer movies, games, arts & crafts, computer games and more for kids ages 4 - 14. There is a fee and advance reservations are suggested. Please note that this service is only available to hotel guests.